Building and preserving wealth for the long term
It may be tempting for you to try to time the market, or stay abreast of “what’s hot and what’s not.”
At TFC Financial, we’ve established a reputation for helping our clients grow and preserve their resources over time, not overnight. You'll work closely with our senior client advisors who will guide you towards achieving your financial goals, rather than "relationship managers" or other intermediaries. We take the time to understand what truly motivates you, and how we can help you navigate life's many transitions. Only then can we create a thoughtful financial solution tailored exclusively to you.
We also realize that the value of a financial advisor should extend well beyond investing. So we have access to an extensive network of professionals, such as attorneys and accountants, should your financial planning needs require specialized expertise.
The blueprint for achieving your personal goals
Even those at the pinnacle of their professions realize they aren’t experts at everything. Working together, we’ll establish practical, attainable financial goals; analyze your situation objectively; and likely make smarter decisions than you could implement on your own. The result: more control over your financial affairs, the confidence to act, and greater freedom from financial worry.
Whether you are planning for retirement, experiencing a personal transition with financial consequences, or simply want a thorough assessment of your finances, we’re here to answer your questions and help you achieve or maintain financial security.
As part of your financial planning process, we will:
- Evaluate assets and liabilities.
- Review personal cash flow circumstances and project how future spending needs will be met.
- Develop strategies for income tax minimization, including the optimization of retirement plan distributions and employee stock option exercise.
- Review or formulate an estate plan, in consultation with an experienced attorney, concentrating on maximizing desired distributions to survivors in ways that are tax-efficient and compatible with long-term goals.
- Examine life and disability insurance coverage, ensuring adequacy to meet family and estate liquidity needs.
- Assess other personal and property risk exposures, such as long-term care needs and excess liability coverage.
- Coordinate with other family advisors, such as attorneys and CPAs.
- Help prepare the next generation to understand the challenge of wealth management.
How our financial planning benefits you:
- Developing a realistic long-term plan to ensure life-long financial security.
- Improve cash flow management.
- Comprehensive retirement planning.
- Strategic income tax planning.
- Personal risk exposure analysis and management.
- Coordinated estate planning and property ownership.
- Integration of charitable interests with investment, retirement, and estate planning strategies.
- Implementation of a suitable investment asset mix for all taxable and retirement accounts.
Creating the asset class mix that fits your goals
Asset class allocation is the most important driver of portfolio investment performance. To achieve long-term investment success, we develop a diversified portfolio that includes low-cost and specialized no-load mutual funds, periodically rebalancing your portfolio back to its target asset weightings.
Your portfolio strategy is developed based on your financial plan. As the first step toward improved risk-adjusted investment return results, TFC translates your objectives and constraints into a customized Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that defines your optimal asset allocation and portfolio structure.
As part of your asset management process, we will:
- Help you set realistic goals and expectations.
- Manage an investment asset class mix that matches your goals and tolerance for risk.
- Effectively translate your financial circumstances and developments into an appropriate portfolio investment structure.
- Provide a suitable review process for you.
- Objectively evaluate and communicate investment results.
The optimal allocation
Because strategic asset allocation is responsible for a large portion of the variability in your portfolio's investment results, we begin by developing your optimal Investment Policy Statement and asset mix.
TFC has refined a research process that relies on quantitative tools with a qualitative overlay to identify the most suitable managers and investments. We typically use no-load mutual funds, because they offer cost-efficient and diversified exposure. When it makes the most sense, we routinely use low-cost funds from Vanguard and Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA).
Our investment committee meets monthly, developing and monitoring investment solutions for TFC’s clients. The investment committee is led by senior members of the TFC team, contributing decades of experience and a wide range of perspectives. The investment committee also includes participants from other investment firms, highly respected individuals who bring valuable insight from managing money for others. Collectively, the investment committee contributes to TFC’s work evaluating economic conditions, asset allocation strategies and investment selection, supporting our objective of identifying innovative approaches to supporting the needs of our clients.
Portfolio Management Research Resources: